See what has been added or updated since your last visit ...
- September 3, 2017 - New Treatment for SBMA approved in Japan. Check out the Living with Kennedy's Disease blog for comments on the study as well as a link to the original article which is written in Japanese. To view the blog, click here.
- May 26, 2017 - The study, Identification of Neuron Selective Androgen Receptor Inhibitors was just published by the World Journal of Biological Chemistry this week. Check out the Living with Kennedy's Disease blog for comments on the study as well as links to the news article and published results. To view the blog, click here.
- January 4, 2017 - The study, Decreased Peak Expiratory Flow Associated with Muscle Fiber-Type Switching in Spinal and Bulbar Muscular Atrophy was just published. Check out the Living with Kennedy's Disease blog for comments on the study as well as links to the news article and published results. To view the blog, click here.
- June 17, 2015 - The results of the Exercise Trial that was conducted at the NIH in Bethesda, MD are in - Click HERE for more information.
- May 21, 2015 - The NIH is now actively recruiting patients for the second phase of the BVS857 clinical trial. Please click HERE for more information.
- March 1, 2014 - Clinical trial for Kennedy's Disease:
Dr. Kenneth Fischbeck from the National Institutes of Health was the guest for the KDA chat room. Dr. Fischbeck is a leading researcher, professor and educator on the subject of Kennedy's Disease. The chat focused on current NIH research projects for finding a treatment for Kennedy’s Disease.
- Dr. Fischbeck discusses the current trial for BVS857 in the March 01, 2014 Chat
- Excerpts from the chat can be found in the Living with Kennedy's Disease blog
- The Clinical Trial announcement can be found at the NIH Clinical Trial webpage
- September 24, 2017 - The KDA 2017 Converence agenda has been released. To view the agenda, click here. For more information and/or to register, for the 2017 conference, click here.
- September 2, 2017 - The KD Golf Scramble committee announces that the 7th annual KD Golf Scramble Tree of Hope event will be held on September 30, 2017 in Magnolia, TX. For more information, click here.
- August 20, 2017 - The medical article, Previously Undiagnosed Spinal and Bulbar Muscular Atrophy as a Cause of Airway Obstruction after Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Prostatectomy was added to our medical library section. To read the article, click here. To view our medical article section, click here.
- August 10, 2017 - Please welcome the KDA's newest board member Kathy Thompson to the KDA board of directors. To view Kathy's bio, click here.
- July 30, 2017 - 3rd Annual Ed Montie 5K race to cure Kennedy's Disease will be held on Sunday, September 17, 2017 @ 10am in Lincoln Park, Michigan. For more information. Click here.
- June 8, 2017 - Register now for the 2017 KDA conference. For more information and/or to register, click here.
- May 30, 2017 - Thank you Emily Martin! After Emily's dad was diagnosed with Kennedy's Disease. Emily and her mom created a website to bring awareness and help us find a cure for Kennedy's Disease by selling leather bracelets. All proceeds go to the KDA. For more information or to buy one, click here.
- September 3, 2017 - NORD is holding their Rare Diseases and Orphan Products Breakthrough Summit on October 16-17, 2017 in Washington, DC. For more information, click here.
- August 14, 2017 - Biologist Neville Sanjana does a good job of explaining what CRISPR is, how it works, and its potential. Those of us living with KD are very interested in the potential tools like CRISPR offer for future generations. To watch the video, click here. To see the KDA's video library, click here.